Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 25

Ahhh, my phone broke today. :[ My beloved iPhone has kicked the bucket, and unfortunately it isn't covered under warranty. Oh well, pay day is tomorrow, iPhone 5 here I come! Tonight we sat down and discussed changing our shooter. We were pretty set on having the, "half moon" shooter, but that is big, and lunky. We've cadded and are building a prototype linear shooter. It will give us a ton more room. I'm not totally convinced until we build it. It's getting late in the build season, so I think we're becoming our own worst enemy by changing stuff, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Iteration is everything.

I believe we have also figured out a way to set us apart from the majority of other teams and really give us a set up above everyone. When we are going to shoot we will drive up to the pyrimid, either go to the front of back rung with our hanger hooks up. We will grab or just push up against the tower to line our selves up, then fire. If we have buttons for preset heights, then it's just slam, bam, shoot. I like it, we need to work out the hanger, but it's getting close! We've also had an idea for a first stage gripper. It's just a cam the pinches the first horizontal bar and lifts us up, we have to play with it, but it's looking promising. I'll have drawings tomorrow! That's all for tonight, no phone, so no pictures. Sorry!

OH, THE CNC MILL IS COMING THIS FRIDAY!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment