Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 30

Today was a busy day. The first test cuts were made on the CNC mill! We are still waiting for the software to be shipped to Mr. Morrison before we can start cutting stuff, unfortunately the trial only lets you run test samples, and not generate your own tool paths. Tomorrow it comes in though! I spend most of today getting organized and making drawings. Every year we do a parts spreadsheet to keep track of each part we have to make to ensure we don't make duplicates or miss something. I'm in charge of that this year! I still have some more stuff to put in, but for the most part it's complete! After the meeting was over, myself and my boss went over to Micro to finish the intake side plates finalllllllly. They're taking forever just because of all the pocketing, I wish we had the software to generate the tool paths, then it would be cake! Soon enough. I also picked up the drivetrain parts from the powder coater, they look sooooooo sick! I love it when the coating comes out so glossy it still looks wet. Mr. Powdercoater is defiantly a master of his craft. Tomorrow we head into the shop around 3:30 after work to start cutting parts! Here's the media!

Father and son setting up the mill!
Remember that if you're using sprutcam, the trial version will only
run 5000 lines of code, and then stop!
3rd cup today 
CNC mill in action! 
Beautiful
 
Bossman making light work of the intake side plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment